THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

There is no cure!

Just a quick vent. I have been getting a ton of emails & seeing lots of tweets about "How I Cured My Lupus" or fibromyalgia, MS, RA....etc. Even some claiming to have cured a food allergy which may be the most dangerous claim of all since every allergist I have ever talked to has said they won't even attempt to treat food allergies w/ anything except avoidance because they are too unpredictable & one of the most sever reactions along w/ bee stings and latex. My doctors and nurses have tried everything they thought might help my lupus- FDA aproved or off label- but nobody has EVER realistically thought that eating certain foods will cure lupus, fibro, or anything else these people claim to be able to cure. As far as I know food will not cure anything other than starvation. Yes, it is important to eat right in order to be healthier but there is no magic food and there is no conspiracy by the drug companies or researchers to hide the "Secret Cure" that could lead to people being healthier, more productive...etc. I hate to see people trying to take advantage of someone else's desire to feel better & trying to sell fake cures....especially since those claims often say you'll be able to reduce or stop your meds & if somebody who really is sick stops there meds it can lead to SERIOUS problems. OK, rant over. Just had to say something about it after seeing so many of these "testimonials" (ADS!) the past couple days.