THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving and hopefully some rest

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!

My mom made Thanksgiving dinner today and we had our celebration tonight w/ me, my mom, stepdad, sister, and my three nephews who I adore....and oh yeah, can't forget the dogs! It was yummy and a really great dinner despite my 17year old nephew, Shawn, being really obnoxious today. I love him but sometimes I don't know what to do with him....like when he says I am dumb just because my favorite team and his aren't the same. lol. The worst one though is when he or his 14year old brother get frustrated over me saying no to them about something.
They have had it tough at times I know. My sister has definitely had her issues and didn't really make much attempt at being a good parent until almost 3 years ago and their dad wasn't a whole lot better. My mom, along with my stepdad, has pretty much had them their whole life and I try to do as much as I can but it's hard. Justin, the 14year old, lives here but visits both his mom's apartment and his dad's house regularly. My sister has been making alot of positive changes in her life though, especially after having Michael (he'll be 20months next week) and Shawn lives with her now. Justin tried to do that but still has a lot of resentment towards her and never stays more than a couple nights when he goes to visit. The problem is he gets jealous over both of his brothers at times and won't admit it so instead he comes home in a foul mood and takes it out on somebody (or sometimes everybody) here. Often this person is me, generally after I tell him "no" about something he wants me to do for him. Like I said, I try to do as much as I can but sometimes I have to say no. Like this week w/ the fibro flaring and a ton of stuff I've been trying to finish up for school with finals only 2 weeks away for most of my courses (or next week for music appreciation). Almost all of my time right now is school, trying to de-stress as much as I can, and arranging myself as comfortably as I can to try and rest. I have tried to explain but he doesn't understand why I spend so much time studying or how bad I feel sometimes. When I remind him how tired and sore I feel he smarts off that I am faking it.

I wish I knew how to word what I say so that he does get it and realizes when he acts like that it just stresses me even more and that =more pain!


 

On the plus side I turned in my last research project today & got my grade back on another. So far the ones I have back in English have all been max points as was my phishing scam article for my office system course and I got an A (no % or points listed though???) so now it's just finishing up some databases & power-point for OST & getting ready for tests. I can see the light to our month long break and I am ready!

0 comments: